Welcome to our Forum

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Statistics

• Forum Members: 22,510
  • Total Threads: 85,667
  • Total Posts: 6
There are 1 users currently browsing forums.

Easy Links

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
WordPlay

Default Surviving the Easter holidays.

I thought some of you may appreciate this blog post on dealing with the kids and the business during the hols.
And it's only day one...!
http://word-play.org.uk/im-a-mummy-g...-5-easy-steps/
WordPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
samigail

Mine haven't broken up yet, they break up tomorrow. Our borough seems a week delayed compared with everyone else. I've 'lost' most of this week though with various unexpected issues :(
Luckily, my 2 can get on with some 'independent' play as mentioned in the blog.
:) Phew!
I also make sure we've done something all together in the morning and then they let me get on with work as required in the afternoons. Didn't work the other way (ie time together in the afternoon if I got work done in the am) I think they appreciate it better with the time spent with them first thing and we do fun stuff (normally using free activities round town like in our local waterstones/hobbycraft!) and then they are extra specially well behaved for the afternoon so I can crack on
Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Xena

While sitting in a busy doctor’s waiting room the other day I saw a boy watching something on his mum’s iphone and my daughter was attracted to it straight away (she loves all mobiles and gadgets!) – turned out to be an app that you download and gives you beautifully animated interactive stories. I was impressed and downloaded it myself from itunes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-hare-and-the-tortoise-lite/id512167553?ls=1&mt=8) . She absolutely loves! It keeps her busy and entertained and I can get some peace and quiet for a while!
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
WordPlay

That sounds good Xena. Any chance you could post that comment on my blog post so anyone else reading can check it out too?
I'm hopefully getting my new iPhone soon so I'll definitely be looking for that. My eldest son is the same, loves anything with buttons!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Xena

Do you mean your twitter blog post WordPlay?
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
WordPlay

Yeah, I just mean the comments section under the post itself. If you don't mind?
That's the holidays nearly over here in Scotland and my wonderful boy has been so well behaved I'm actually going to be quite sad when he has to go back to nursery. Who would have thought it?!